Sunday, May 15, 2011

Charity or Scam

Multiple knocks at the door, at times repeated doorbells makes you run marathon. Almost every first week of each month I go through them. Those days the visitors are not family or friends of mine, neither are salesperson urging to buy their products. They are small children aged around 8-18 years, as groups or individuals claiming being deaf and dumb students. They expect financial help from us. Their eyes will make your heart bleed and make you feel sympathetic towards them. At times you might even be kind enough to do that charity.

But is this really a charity/donation and not any scam? The donor has almost no proof to believe that this kid is poor and desperately need your help. Kids usually display a printed letter where it is mentioned that they are poor, deaf and dumb seeking help undersigned by some name quoted as principal of XYZ school.

As a donor (or now victim) shall I go with the choice to contribute without any receipt or bang the door back? Would I qualify as a human if I send them off? If it is a fraud one my honest feelings are crushed.

Finally I decide to show them cold shoulder but still hurt self. But most of the times their eyes overshadow my doubts and make me act as their wish. Anyways I might not be bright enough to any RCA (root cause analysis/ deep analysis) for self-satisfaction but I do contribute my share of humanitarian help to needful every year in my way, with my budget.

So, conclusion even if I feel sorry when I refuse them, still it wonders me what they really are. Are those pitiful faces exploited? Does any school really send its student to collect money for school fees, even when they right to education?



P.S: Its only my view, no hard feelings!

1 comment:

  1. Hello....

    I see my friend's never so highlighted beautiful persona, a sensitive heart reflected!! everything for a gr8 artist!!!KEEP BLOGGING...

    I just reminded of Sudha Narayan's heart touching book 'Wise and Otherwise'...

    Wish you all the success dear :)

    ReplyDelete